Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 4: An Evening Walk and an Ice Cream Cone

Today was a great end to the work week---a very busy day in which I felt really useful and productive on the job. I was so busy, in fact, that I didn't eat all the snacks I brought with me for the day, which gave me some extra calories to play with this evening. I did not eat "perfectly" at all; the perfectionist in me knows that for dinner I should have had wild Alaskan salmon (grilled), a salad of farmer's market greens, and something like quinoh or brown rice to round things out. The real me had a Lean Cuisine 4-cheese personal pizza and two slices of whole wheat bread with butter-type spread. And then, after a mile-long walk at the track with Michael and the Bean: a vanilla ice cream cone from McDonald's. A lot of people would probably judge me for my choices, but I'm just trying to keep things simple: For the foreseeable future, all I am worrying about foodwise is sticking to my 1700 calorie/day budget. And so far, I have been able to do that! It's a good feeling :). Day 2 was so very hard, that I truly appreciate days like today even more.

Speaking of the walk we took: I'm so glad we discovered this middle-school track nearby! It is the perfect place for me to get started building up my cardiovascular stamina. Today we did a mile, and I plan to increase that bit by bit and hopefully start doing a walk-jog program I found in a book soon. I'm just taking things one day at a time for now. I'm trying not to think too far ahead (it gets overwhelming) and just make a consistent daily effort to meet my simple goals for calorie limit and exercise.

Consistently,
Hilsie

No comments:

Post a Comment